How to get rid of this?.To get rid of pest problem under control, inspection is the first and foremost step.
They do not require contact with the soil and require very little moisture. They are found in attics or furniture and hence require fumigation. Do not have a worker caste. Hard to detect until you see piles of fecal pellets that are hard with 6 distinct concave surfaces is a sign of an infestation. They are spread through infested furniture or wood.
A FEW TIPS TO HELP YOU
- Divert all water from sprouts away from your premise.
- Remove all wood and cellulose materials from the crawl space.
- Remove all stumps and wood around the premise.
- Keep the vent to the crawl space open and use vapor barriers in earth filled crawl.
- Remove standing water.
- Seal leaks and entry points around pipes and utility lines.
- Avoid wood to earth contact on decks and other structures touching your premise.